Monday, August 24, 2009

Jocelyn's First Day of Kindergarten

Last night Jocelyn received her first "Father's Blessing for School". It was a wonderful blessing that she will have the ability to stand strong for what she knows is right and that she will be a great influence to others. After that we packed her lunch and got all of her stuff ready for her first day at kindergarten.


Not sure if you can tell in this picture or not but I have never seen a child more excited for school than my Jo this morning. She got up at 6am and was all dressed and ready to go. After I calmed her down a bit I sat her down in front of a movie to relax while I got ready and made her breakfast. She had requested to night before to have scrambled eggs with ketchup so that's what she had this morning. After breakfast we read scriptures said prayers and got in the car to go to school.



I tried really really hard to be excited even though I was pretty teary at the fact my baby is so big. However, we got to her school found her class sitting in the Gym where they do Morning Announcements and the Pledges. Yes, that's right I said Pledges, If we ever doubted we lived in Texas we were crazy because at Texas schools they not only do the pledge of allegiance to the US flag but they have a pledge of allegiance to the Texas Flag...

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."

After all the announcements the kids line up and walk down to there classrooms for the day. I saw Jo off , gave her a kiss and told her I would see her after school.. she was busy coloring so she wasn't too worried :) I can hardly wait to hear how her day was when I pick her up this afternoon.

Well she had a great day!!! She said her favorite part was Recess and Coloring. She then preceded to bust open her lunch box and finished up her lunch on the car ride home because she said she got full at lunch time. She was very tired when we got home but is excited to go back again tomorrow!! Wahoo!!!




2 comments:

Kristen said...

That is so exciting - it's great that she was so ready to go - that way the only tears were yours instead of hers, too. : )

She looks really cute in that outfit.

Mary Irons said...

Glad she had a good day! that is so cool they say the Pledge of Alligence, and that they have a state one too!!!