Friday, November 11, 2011

Washington Trip with my JoJo

On the semi spur of the moment I decided that I wanted to fly out to Washington to see my dad and be there for his birthday on the 7th of November. When I researched the prices on tickets they were very cheap so I thought that taking Jocelyn with me would be a fun experience for her and I. It was a sort of mommy- daughter weekend for us. I orcastrated all this with Miriam so that it would be a huge surprise for my dad. It worked out great.

We flew in on Friday the 4th, Jocelyn loved flying in the plane but was a little nervous about flying over the water after reading the safety pamphlet in the seat pocket. Her favorite part was the take off and landing because the plane went fast. Miriam picked us up at the airport and we drove to my dad's work. Miriam had arranged for Dad's boss to call him in his office so that he would be there and distracted while we walked in. We sent Jocelyn in first and then I followed... the reaction was priceless and Miriam caught it on video!! Not only were we the surprise but Miriam had also arranged for my dad to have that day off as well as the following Monday and Tuesday. We left my dad's work and went to visit my grandma and surprise her too, so fun! We took Grandma Battson out to lunch at the Ram (my favorite place to get French Dips) and then decided it was time to head to my dad's house and take a nap.


Saturday we woke up fairly early thanks to the time change and early bedtime the night before to go shopping. I needed to find a fairly nice dress for Dave's Award Show the coming weekend since none of the dresses I have would fit my little growing belly. We found some awesome deals and had a yummy lunch at Red Robin with just us girls. Jocelyn was pretty ready to go home by the time we made our last stop at Costco. She spent that evening planning all the activities we would be doing the next day.


Sunday morning we woke up bright and early to a wonderful tea party, consisting of Chocolate Cake, Pumpkin pie and hot apple cider. Jocelyn had everything all set up on the kitchen table. She even insisted upon us pointing our pinkies as we sipped our "tea". After all that fun we hopped into the car and headed to the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium. Although it was a bit cold it was fun seeing all the animals out and about. We were fortunate to go during the feeding time for most of the animals. After the zoo we headed to lunch at the Ram again... because it really is that yummy. Then it was time to head to the Glass Museum. The Gallery of glass work was pretty fascinating but the best part was the Hot Shop. In the Hot Shop they actually make pieces of glass for local artists... It was really cool to watch but Jocelyn was pretty bored after the first hour. We finally headed home around 6 for dinner and to relax after a long fun day.


Monday was our last full day in Washington so we wanted to head down to Seattle as something fun to do for my Dad's official birthday. Unfortunately it was the only day it decided to rain :( We went to the Seattle Aquarium, which was the Aquarium that my dad used volunteer scuba dive. They have done quite a few updated to the building so it was pretty cool to see. The fish were amazing but the neatest part was watching them train and feed the fur seals. Jocelyn would have watched for hours but it was getting cold and we were all starving. We decided that Mexican sounded great so we went to the Aztec and had a fun birthday lunch, including the sombrero and Mexican singing :) My dad loved it! Finally we stopped back by my Grandma's to visit and say goodbye.



Tuesday morning we woke up at the crack of dawn to catch our plane home. We had a blast visiting and I wish we could have done it as a whole family. Dave did amazing while Jo and I were gone, he is a pretty incredible dad.

0 comments: