Friday, September 30, 2011

We're EXPECTING...

BABY #5!!


I know as crazy as it may seem "someone" had big plans for our family. We are excited and thrilled with a side of completely freaked out. I found out a little after the 4th of July while we were still in Texas and since I have an awful history with pregnancy we had several blood test run to make sure things were developing as they should. This little one gave us quite a few scares with low numbers that didn't double as they should have.


When we moved to Arkansas I made an appointment with a Women's Clinic right away to double check that everything was developing properly and find out my official due date. I don't think I have ever been so nervous in my life for an ultrasound. Turns out that worrying was for nothing...


Baby looked prefect on the ultrasound and had a nice strong heartbeat of 127bpm. So we relaxed a bit and just counted down the weeks until our move back home when I could meet with my OB up here in Logan.


A few days before we were set to drive back home I was starting to feeling pretty ill, so we decided that we should probably tell family but I was still feeling insecure about the viability of this pregnancy so I booked an ultrasound at a place we would pass on the way home. Everything looked great and baby had a nice strong heartbeat so we felt confident telling family. That worked out nicely because Mom & Dad Yates and my Mom were at our house for dinner that night. We broke the news by casually placing the ultrasound pictures in with some brochures of things we had done while visiting Arkansas.



A couple more weeks went by and I was finally able to get in to see my OB. First thing we did was an ultrasound to find out my official due date: MARCH 17th , 2012 (St. Patrick's Day) and make sure everything looked good. Baby had a nice strong heartbeat of 178bpm and was wiggling all around. We went over our game plan as far as meds go and nausea management and that was it.


I will be 16 weeks tomorrow (Saturday) and feel pretty good. Still pretty tired but the nausea is gone. I have felt a few flutters of baby but nothing regular, so I am anxiously awaiting that stage. I meet with my OB again on the 13th of October and will be scheduling my 20week scan for some time the end of October. I am excited and anxious to see baby again and make sure everything looks good. We are still unsure when I will start the 17P shots but I am sure it won't be too far off as even now I have been experiencing some cramping and Braxton Hicks contractions. I will update you as we go but as we sit now we fully expect to meet this one somewhere between February 11th and the end of February... hopefully long but doubtful.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Congrats girl!! Guess you must just be a great mommy to get to have 5 kiddos. :)

I'm preggo, too, and I'll announce it sometime soon, but I'm due April 24th. So we're preggo at the same time!

Katie said...

I don't know if I said this yet, but WOW and CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have the most darling (not-so-) little family and are such an adorable mother. Still, I cannot believe you will have 5 children! And here I am with my 1. I'll be thinking about you and praying for you as your pregnancy progresses.